Monday, December 1, 2008

You can't hide behind your problems...

... but it feels good to try every once in awhile. (That's my "dino-Mo" posing with some toys)Today was a recovery day and felt good. It was nice to put the world aside and live in my own little world for a few hours. Lemmings may follow each other to the death but at least they have someone to go with... and they're lucky - or so I've been told :)

We didn't have to buy an alarm clock for my son. We had a grown up conversation about how he was going to solve the problem and he figured it out. Of course he got up an hour too early this morning since he hasn't really paid attention to the time when it's been me doing the waking. So, he was a little tired. Oh well, baby steps I guess and it was a rather peaceful morning for me.

Today with the announcement that we're in a recession (did everyone else say, "well, duh!" with me?) I'm wishing more than ever that we all focus on the friends, family and things that we have and look at the positives in our life (other than being positive we're broke ;) and find the good in each of our situations. We may not be giving extravagant gifts (or even cheap ones) but I hope that you feel love, truth, time and honesty all year round from those of you who love you most. There really are no greater gifts than those (but I won't turn down money or Starbucks gift cards...) (... I'm kidding!) (...kind of) (... no really, I am.)

Hope you have had a good Monday. Happy December 1st to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment