Sunday, December 14, 2008

Starting over...again...

Well, I'm officially enrolled in school again. My transcripts are sent, financial aid applied for and I have a start date. January 2, 2009. Yikes! I'll be pursuing what I originally started off doing - getting my teaching certificate in Special Education/Elementary Education. When finished (ideally in two years), I'll be able to teach special ed K-12 or gen ed K-8. It's odd that things would come somewhat full circle. I started off wanting to teach, went away from it and find myself back again. Maybe it's because parts of my life are coming full circle. The children that I had that in essence changed my path initially are old enough now to be thinking about and pursuing their own paths. By the time I finish they will be on that road even further, Ciara will be at college herself and be the age I was when I stopped. How weird is that? It honestly makes me a little weepy. I think there's a part of me that wants to do this for her too - to show her that it can be done. It's for me too, to show me that it can be done. Whether I actually do anything with it remains to be seen, I have to take one step at a time. With the economic outlook not looking so great I need to also insulate my family and our future and make sure that I'm contributing as well. I'm scared. I'm nervous. But I'm also excited. New adventures are always filled with emotions. I look forward to it but can't help looking at the past too. They are inextricably intertwined. Sorry for the rambling... my thoughts are a little scrambled too. Good thing I have a couple of weeks to work them out and get them straight. Thank you all for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment