Just tired today. Said goodbye to a furry friend and tried to comfort the friend he belonged to. It's tough to let them go - especially when it's the humans having to make the decision. I think that's why it shouldn't have to fall to us and why I believe we're all here for the amount of time prescribed by God - not a moment more, not a moment less. We can ease the suffering of our beloved pets - but even that carries guilt and sadness. I wouldn't want to leave my family with that sadness or the smallest measure of guilt. It's also why I believe we should live each moment to the fullest - that being said, it's my belief - not always something that I've been able to put into practice because as we all know, life gets complicated sometimes. There are those days when just living is enough - and the fullness, the happiness, those things come later. It's also amazing the things we learn from our animals and trusted companions. They keep our secrets (except for that Bush's Baked Beans dog...), love us unconditionally, are happy to see us, forgive us instantly, play when we're ready to, rest when we rest, lick away our tears and make our hearts smile. Yes - they are just animals. But they serve a purpose and fill our hearts in a special way that very often humans cannot. For that, we're grateful.
We'll miss you Tucker. Thank you for bringing joy to me and to my dear friends. Say hi to Tubbles and Norman for me.
We'll miss you Tucker. Thank you for bringing joy to me and to my dear friends. Say hi to Tubbles and Norman for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment