So - as I posted on Facebook, it's time to get fit. I really want to go to India in March on the short term missions trip with church and figure it won't be as easy if I went at my current weight and fitness level. The fibro has really thrown my body for a loop this past few months but I'm slowly figuring out what I can do and when and what recovery I'll need so am hoping to develop a routine this summer. I've set the goal of getting 150 miles in before August 30th. That means I have to do 2-3 miles a day which will motivate me to get out. Being at home for summer break means I'll be able to cook more and get the house in shape once again. It's a sad fact that housework takes a SERIOUS back seat during the school year because I just don't have the time or energy to do it (of course blogging and facebook don't help either). But, I'm going to try and get my body, my house and my mind in tip top shape. Which means setting aside time for homework too and not procrastinating and finding ways to passively let life pass me by. Have to set an example for my kiddoes.
Speaking of the kids - they're both set to start Cross Country and the summer runs. Ciara finished up the school year being elected Interhigh President. Interhigh is, for lack of a better description, the school districts version of an ASB with officers and members from all of the four high schools that meet and plan events that happen between the four high schools. They work with their high schools' ASBs and then come together to do the big events; like the food drive, Pursuit of the Power Plunger, talent show etc. She's super excited and is looking forward to her senior year. Yep, SENIOR year. I can't believe it. Harder to believe is that Scott is going to be a sophomore. They really are getting old and my time with them is short. We're navigating those waters of giving them more independence and trying to offer encouragement without the 'henpecking'. It's so tough when you see them making mistakes but know that they'll be better learning now rather than later.
Life is good in the Rink house. Hope it's good for you too and that summer finds you getting fit and not having them :O)
No comments:
Post a Comment