Last night I was having a hard time falling asleep. Really. My body was sore from running and gardening and my mind was racing. At 2am I contemplated getting up but figured I'd eventually fall asleep if I just tried to relax. In doing so, the word "help" kept popping in to my head. I need help but I'm not very good at asking for it. Help is kind of like those surprises that I talked about in an earlier blog - you're not always sure what you're going to get so it's sometimes easier to just do it on your own. Except it doesn't get done. Not completely. Not necessarily well. And sometimes, doing it on your means... well... that you're on your own. Alone. No one to blame but yourself.
I eventually fell asleep but when I woke up the "help" was still on my mind. I tried to get started on some homework but got sidetracked. I started trying to come up with an acronym for the word. I googled it and you'd be surprised how many organizations use it. I came across one that I thought was good from acronymfinder.com - His Ever Loving Presence. I clicked on it and here's what it said:
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
Slang/chat, popular culture.
Slang/chat, popular culture.
Isn't it true? His ever loving presence appears very rarely because our nation and world do not acknowledge it - it's there, just like the help we often need but don't seek. I got to thinking about it and came up with this acronym:
He
Exceeds our
Largest
Problems
When we have trouble asking others, we always have someone we can go to. Sometimes He puts others in our paths to help us along the way - but we have to be looking and more importantly, let ourselves be helped. And if He exceeds even our largest problem, then think what he does with the small ones. They are NOTHING compared to His majesty.
See, even in the midst of a sleep deprived night HELP came. His Ever Loving Presence showed me that He can Exceed my Largest Problems. I know that I have friends that are encouraging me, praying for me, and celebrating life with me. My prayer would be that I am enabled and encouraged to be of help to others and to accept help from them too. I know that with HELP - I can get in shape, lose weight, graduate, and even pontificate (oooohhhh, rhyming and $5 words all in one sentence :).
Where do you get your help and strength from? Do you know the one that exceeds your largest problems? Do you know who He has put in your path to offer assistance down life's road? Are you looking for help? Don't miss the people and things God has put in your path to assist you and instead trip over stumbling blocks because you're trying to do it on your own.
Hope these simple thoughts and words have been of help to someone. Wait, they have. ME! Hope they're of help to you too. 'Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment