Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chaos...

Sometimes life is messy. It can be both a good and bad thing. In our house - the family has been the dumping ground for quite some time. If you want to know why you haven't been invited to dinner or even passed the front door of my house it's because it's often in chaos. (Flylady, an organization and motivational guru, coined CHAOS as 'can't have anyone over syndrome'). Not having people in our home as been hard on me. We used to love having folks over and now I can't even remember the last time. Granted, our house is not large and with two teenagers, 3 dogs, and 3 cats it seems to get smaller all the time. (Yes, I'm hearing my mother's voice saying, "I told you not to get all of those animals"... LOL)

But, God calls us to be good stewards of what we have. Not to complain about what we don't. And so, I'm slowly trying to master Operation Take Back the House. It's not as easy as you think. I am attached to a lot of stuff and with the fibro I seem to tire a little more easily on certain days. I am overwhelmed by the amount that needs to be done. (which probably has a lot to do with why it hasn't been done sooner.) I need help. That's hard to ask for. It was a little easier having the teenagers (and their friends) help out a bit today. Moved the piano out of the family room and got a good start on painting. Hoping to get it finished tomorrow. Got the back garden weeded again and the branches from my pruning mishap finally broken up and piled. Next will be reclaiming the yard from the dogs but that's a week or two away.

So, the reason I write this is that you can start hounding me about those dinner invitations in another month or so. Or, you can stop by and help. I'll probably be embarassed to show you what we've been living in but trust me - it's better than it was and not quite as good as it's going to be. Kind of like our selves - right? We're pretty good now but could be better.

Here's to house improvement and self-improvement and the defeat of chaos in our lives. Hope to be breaking bread with you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - well written and inspirational! Thanks for posting :) Down with chaos :)

    ReplyDelete