Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blues...




I did it! Came up with another one that followed the theme. Those of you who know me well know that the winters are hard on me and that I struggle with depression at times. Anxiety often gets the better of me during those winter months and the darkness outside seems to try and creep inside. In the moment I don't often realize it and rely and those around me to be my barometer. When I start to see the worried looks, or their worlds don't seem to be going well I know that my own world must not be quite right. Which is why I so love spring. I love the new growth, the new chances, and the lessons that spring brings us. I love the life that seems to emerge - from the earth and from my soul. When we have those days of sunshine that come after a long winter I relish the time to get outside and to see the new life emerging. I love helping it along, uncovering it, nurturing it. Seeing things come back that have been dormant all winter show new life, new growth - as if they've learned lessons in their down time too. How to come back stronger and healthier. Spring gives me hope. All around there are examples of struggles and the ability to overcome them. They are witnesses and testimonies of God's grace and beauty and strength. When I toil in the soil and feel the ache of my labors the next day I know that I am alive. It is healing. It is cleansing (even though the dirt under my fingernails might say otherwise). I know that even though the winters are inevitable and feeling down might be a part of them, there is always the promise of the spring. So even though you might feel the blues from time to time, remember that new life is just around the corner and that if God leads you to it, He can lead you through it. What lessons do the seasons in nature, and in your life, teach you? Remember to look for them and your life (and the people your life touches) will be richer for it. Thank you to all of you who help me turn my blues to blooms. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment