Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bless


My last post was on Bliss. However, before that word in the dictionary comes the word 'bless'. And in truth, if you bless others or are blessed by them you are better able to be blissful. So how are you blessed? Who do you bless? What does it mean? I'm am blessed by so many things. I have a wonderful family and close friends. A personal relationship with Jesus (the epitome of blessedness) and the assurance of eternity. I have a job, a home, a car, food to eat, clothes to wear. I can read what I want, watch what I want, worship freely and speak freely because we are blessed to live in a country that allows us to do so. I try to encourage or bless others in the ways that they encourage me and to not have a negative impact on others' lives or society. I want to give back the blessings that have been given to me. Blessings are like seeds that, once sown grow and spread. When you live a life of blessedness and recognize the blessings that are present in your life, bliss is sure to follow. Just like it does in the dictionary. May blessings and bliss be a part of your life and the lives of those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment