Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bliss


You know those moments. When everything seems to align and life seems perfect. For many of us those days have seemed far and few between lately. For me as a mom those days get put back into perspective when I get to spend time with my kids - watching and cheering. Ciara was competing this past weekend and I captured this moment. Her face, and those around her, looks so happy. It was a perfect moment. She cleared the bar which is another metaphor for life. When we set the bar higher for ourselves and actually reach it the feeling is so much sweeter. For me, going back to school feels like I'm setting the bar impossibly high. My motivation has been low, life has been challenging and those nagging doubts persist. Can I do it? Should I do it? Will it be worth it? As a person that thrives on knowing and planning, this chapter of my life has been difficult, even in the few short weeks I've been on this path. However, like my daughter, who never ceases to amaze me, I'll never know if the bar is too high if I don't even make an attempt to clear it. So, I press onward and hope to follow the example my child is setting. That no matter how hard something is or how impossible it seems, you can do more than you ever thought you could. Where is your bar? What obstacles are in your way? Will you stretch yourself and try? Or will you sit in the stands, content to cheer others on as life races by. Both places feel pretty good but unless you've tried both will you ever know which feels better? Yes, there I go waxing philisophical again. But I love life and the lessons it teaches in unexpected places. If life has taught you a lesson, I hope that you'll share it. We can all learn from, and encourage one another. Keep on keeping on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment